Lazy Time

I have less than an hour until I need to go get Zoe from Cheryl's and I should be doing something productive with that time, but all I can do is just lay here. I'm blogging on my iPhone with Max at my side and Bailey sitting on my shoulder like a parrot instead of a twenty-five pound dog. My life, is good. I'm feeling better about myself just by making the decision to change my eating habits. I dare say, I have a swing in my step - I feel lighter. It's almost like the weight of feeling lost and helpless in regards to my body was as much as the actual pounds. I don't know. Sometimes I feel like I can't get my words around what I'm trying to say. Lately, I feel all tongue tied and jumbled. Bah.

I'm in a strange mood after reading about Heath Ledger. What a waste of talent and life! What a loss for his daughter, friends and family. It makes me sick thinking about it.

Food for thought:

Kurt Vonnegut said: "I am a humanist, which means, in part, that I have tried to behave decently without any expectation of rewards or punishments after I'm dead."

I'm a Vonnegut fan, but I think for me my dithers with this quote are that I want how I behave in this life to have a positive impact on how I am remembered and how my life affects those I leave behind.

OK. It's time to get ready to pick up the monkey. I'm going to grab a "WTF snack" for the drive. You were all right, they're actually somewhat satisfying when you need a little something.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sick

Let Them Be

A Story...