Committed

First off, today is my 5 year anniversary with Daniel. Five years ago today he took me on our first official date (actually, I drove). We had brunch at Buck Owen's Crystal Palace* and then we went and saw Arsenic and Old Lace at BCT. Who knew we'd end up married (2 and a half years!) and parents five years later? Well, I knew he was special right away. I also knew that I felt a strong connection to him and that he was going to change my life. Yes, I knew that on the first date. No, I didn't imagine marriage or children that day, but I did know that he was someone I could see myself being friends with for a very long time.

Happy Anniversary, honey. You're one of the best things that ever happened to me and it keeps getting better as time goes by. I love you.

Secondly, thanks for the great comments yesterday. Obviously, this is something we all deal with at one time or another. I knew this, but it's nice to hear your stories and feel supported. It seems yesterday was my big wake up call that I needed to stop complaining about the way I look - or don't look anymore - and get working on changing things. First, my hairstylist went on and on about how she needed to get in shape (she looks like Barbie, I kid you not). Then she gave me that issue of People where the main story is losing half your body weight. Her customer while my hair was cookin' turns out to be a physical trainer and I listen to her talk shop for 20 minutes. When I go to pick up Zoe at Cheryl's, her stepdaughter and her friend are there getting ready to do Pilates and then go for a jog because they "Really need to get in shape." -never mind that they are both skinny and adorable.

So, I get home and do a little research and when Daniel gets home we talk. He read my post yesterday and he says he'll love me no matter what - that whether I lose or gain he thinks I'm beautiful and sexy and that he'll support me in whatever I want to do. He makes me want to cry a little because he reminds me daily how lucky I am and how loved I am. I really never thought there were guys out there like him, but there are!

Anyway, long story short: I signed up for Weight Watchers. I'm going to do the Flex Plan (so far 3.5 points used today). We're going to spend our anniversary tracking points, buying a scale (we don't own one because they always depressed me), looking at exercise equipment and grocery shopping. Tonight, Zoe is going to Cheryl's while we go to the restaurant Daniel proposed at and a movie and then.... well, never mind. It's going to be a good day.

So this went from being just a mommy blog to helping me document my successes and set backs on this new journey. Wish me luck, I need it.

*Briefly considered having us go for the brunch on Sunday, but that SO is not congruent with changing eating habits.
H-E-Double Hockey Sticks-NO!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sick

Let Them Be

A Story...