Not Forgotten

I was inspired today by THIS Man/Photo to take some self-portraits after thinking about my experience with abuse.

Not Forgotten

Six years ago I was married to someone who was physically and emotionally abusive. At the time, I did not know who to turn to. I was ashamed of myself for letting someone treat me so badly. I felt powerless.

I was NOT powerless.

After nearly six years, I finally left. I've moved on and found my true love and partner who I married two and a half years ago and we have a beautiful daughter who usually fills my flickr pages (and blog) with her cuteness.

If you or someone you know is a victim of domestic violence, please go to the National Domestic Violence Hotline website from a safe computer and find out how you can get help. You are not alone. 1 out of 3 women around the world has been beaten, coerced into sex or otherwise abused during her lifetime. This is unacceptable. You deserve to be treated with love and respect.

Join the Million Voices Campaign. Speak out against domestic violence and raise awareness in your community. Talk to your friends and family about what they can do to stop domestic violence/get help. Educate your sons and daughters, your brothers and sisters. You can make a difference! This has to stop!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let Them Be

Sick

A Story...