Heard on the Street:

"What did she look like?"
"Oh, you know another one of those generic white girls: blonde hair, blue eyes."


Huh. So if I hadn't started to dye my hair dark five years ago, I would be another one of "those" girls/women? Um. I don't think so. I'm a lot of things, but generic is not one of them... at least that's what I'd like to believe.

I'm actually looking pretty darn good at the moment... I had some guy at the Lancome counter put some makeup on me and I bought a couple new things to wear for my date night tonight. It's the old standby: Sushi and a Movie. And can I just tell you how awesome it is to have a nine month old and be able to say we're having yet another date night?! I know not everyone has someone near them that they trust to take care of their baby so they can have a night on the town, but if you can find someone - take that opportunity. I'm quite certain that these date nights are what keep me refreshed and ready to face whatever mood swings, spit up or poop Zoe throws my way. I feel like I'm bragging, but I know I'm extremely lucky.

And big news:

My family got very good news today. My dad got a clean bill of health regarding his cancer so we're all obviously thrilled. It's something he'll have checked every three months, but having gotten through this hurdle I think we're all feeling grateful and blessed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let Them Be

Sick

A Story...