WHOA!

A few minutes after my parents had arrived Saturday afternoon my Mom sat on the couch with my Dad, looked at me and said: "You don't look nearly as big as your pictures you've posted make you look." I took this in and thought to myself that maybe the camera really does add more bulk than I realized. So I stood up for my parents and smoothed my shirt over my tummy and did the "pregnant pose" - you know hands on either side of my belly.

"WHOA! I guess you are that big!"
My parents laughed.
To really drive home the point, I lifted my shirt so they could see the belly and my pants barely stretched over it.
There was more nervous laughter. The general consensus is now: Yes. Keely has a big 'ol belly.

I've come to accept this and just embrace it. I'm making adjustments. My overalls are no longer an option because they make me look like the mayor of Munchkinland Tweedle Dum or Tweedle Dee (THAT'S what I should have been for Halloween!). My pants are working so hard to stretch across my belly that I might have to invest in some suspenders to assist them - this fight with gravity is becoming a losing battle. The good news is, there's not much time left. Finn will be here five weeks from today. I'm going to do the best I can to avoid having to buy more maternity wear.

Wish me luck!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sick

Let Them Be

A Story...