Letter of the Day: D

I saw this on Jen's blog and thought I'd join in the fun.

The rules: You leave a comment on this post, and I’ll assign you a letter. You write about ten things you love that begin with your assigned letter, and post it at your place. When people comment on your list, you give them a letter, and the chain continues on and on.

1. My amazing husband, Daniel. If I've said it once, I've said it a billion times: Meeting Daniel changed my life. With him I have found my best friend, my soul mate, my partner, and one great father to Zoe and soon Finnegan. I am so grateful that we both decided to do the show we met in and that despite neither of us wanting a relationship, that we took the time to discover we were meant to be together.
2. My daughter, Zoe. Zoe is the kind of kid that makes you want to have more. She is my sunshine, my monkey, my little performer extraordinaire and in having her I have discovered what it's like to see the world through a child's eyes. Life was good before she came into my world, but it's been even more amazing and fulfilling getting to share it with her.
3. My Dear Friends & Family. I'm totally stretching it with this one - but whatever. I've been lucky enough to meet some wonderful people in my life. Some of them are my family who I adore - and the rest are the people I have chosen - or they chose me - to be a part of my extended family. I've known some of them since the day I was born and some for only a couple of years - but they're all so special to me.
4. The Dog Children - Bailey & Max. Bailey was our first attempt at being "parents". We figured if we could handle her, a real kid wouldn't be that much more difficult. Um, yes. So anyway, with her we got an incredibly neurotic, loving, protective, little girl with some major separation anxiety. We loved her so much we decided to add to our family and ended up with Max who is precious, pushy and pudgy as can be. They were our first kids and I love them like they were my actual children. Shut up, I do.
5. I'm all about deliveries. Be it email, snail mail, or a package from Amazon left on my doorstep - I'm like a kid on Christmas. It brings me joy. Here is also where I sneak in how excited I am for a VERY special delivery coming at the end of December. I can barely contain my excitement for our son, Finn to arrive.
6. Drama. Not your run of the mill drama that makes life exhausting sometimes, oh no. I'm talking about theatre. I'm talking about getting to perform on stage and make people believe you are funny, horrible, mean, sexy, whatever. I miss getting to perform, but I have so many great memories of that time and hope I get to do it again someday soon. In the mean time, I love getting out to the theatre, movies or watching a good show on television.
7. My Digital Camera. I don't know what I would do if I didn't have the creative outlet that my camera has provided me. When I'm feeling down or bored all I need to do is pick it up and start taking pictures and those feelings melt away. I've become an avid recorder of our family and love getting out and taking pictures.
8. Decorating. I worked for years in furniture/home decor retail and still enjoy getting creative and making our home "just so". Truth is, I love a big old project that disrupts everything for a bit and then getting to sit back and enjoy the environment I've created once the project is complete. I'm chomping at the bit to have us own our own home someday so I can truly make it into our space.
9. Diabetes. I know it sounds a bit odd, but getting diabetes changed my life in a good way. Even if it is only gestational, it has instilled in me the importance of taking care of myself and has taught me a healthy way to do it. I'm looking forward to continuing to watch what I eat after Finn is born and becoming a healthier person.
10. Dining out. As much as I've grown to enjoy cooking at home, I still love a good meal out with Daniel. Taking Zoe with us isn't quite as fun or as easy as it used to be, but getting to go out just the two of us and just relax and enjoy each other's company and yummy food is one of my favorite things to do. I'm really hoping we'll get to do this before Finn arrives - I'm dying to go to the place where Daniel proposed to me: Mama Tosca's.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let Them Be

Sick

A Story...