Proud Moment

So, apparently - I've been managing this gestational diabetes thing so well that it looks like I won't have to depend on insulin injections at all for this pregnancy. I'm thrilled because, hello! Insulin injections in a full, pregnant belly is no fun... and also, I'm managing it. I'm eating healthy and taking care of myself and I've learned from my last pregnancy - even if I did pretty darn good with that one too. I'm relieved because whenever I thought of giving myself injections this time, I imagined Finn kicking with such strength I could not get the needle to go in. The force is strong with this one. I am such a geek.

Anyway...The lady who counsels me has really gotten off easy with me because I'm so low maintenance. I go every couple months and she weighs me and looks at my blood sugar log - which takes five minutes - and then I have to sit there and make small talk so she feels like I'm getting my money's worth. If I didn't live on the other side of town from where my appointment is and I wasn't so darn uncomfortable lately, I wouldn't mind going but I thought I might lose it today when she said she'd see me in 4 or 5 weeks. Something tells me I'm not going to be wanting to make the trek across town to meet with her for five minutes when I'm just a week shy of having Finn extracted. So, she looked at my face and said "Why don't you just call me if you need me?" And then she proceeded in making sure I knew the difference between Braxton Hicks and real contractions. I know, lady, I know!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sick

Let Them Be

A Story...