The shower was a success

Baby Shower was a Success

Click the link below to see larger: 1. Onesie Design Center, 2. draanks, 3. Onesies, 4. This is some more food and flora, 5. Food, 6. Flowers from the garden, 7. Sepia Roses, 8. Baby Photos of the Mom & Dad, 9. Color Coordinated Baby

Created with fd's Flickr Toys.

Parking for this shindig was a non issue (Whew!) because it turned out to be a small, intimate get together with close friends instead of the large party I originally expected. But I feel good about how the house looked and I think we made it special for the parents. One of my favorite things about the day was getting to see them look at each others baby photos that I asked each of their mothers to send to me. I purchased some cute, baby themed clip frames and had them on display right at our front door. I also asked their moms to write a few words to their kids since they both live out of state and couldn't be at the shower - I imagine both letters will go in the baby's book. As far as music goes, our friends are big theatre people, so we played some soundtracks: Chicago (where the dad is from) and Sunday in the Park With George ( a show that means a lot to the couple). Daniel chose the tunes while I was busy slicing cheese and I think his choices were perfect - they went with invitations that were printed to look like they were theatre or concert tickets. Since neither they or we are particularly fond of "shower games" I took Jenn's idea and bought some onesies to be decorated by the guests without any pressure. It would have been really awesome if I'd taken pictures of them, but I didn't. That's OK, what I really want is pictures of Tank (his nickname) in those onesies.

All in all, I've decided I'm not so bad at throwing a party. In fact, I'm sort of proud. And tired.

Of course, I don't have that much time to rest. We head to Texas in two weeks and there's a certain monkey turning one in May.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sick

Let Them Be

A Story...