One of those days

Today is the day I'm supposed to be posting about how I'm doing with Weight Watchers and actually show you a pic, but I'm not going to - today. This weekend kicked my ass and while Zoe seems to be feeling better (thanks, everyone for your well wishes) her mom is feeling like she's been kicked in the head and her throat is on fire. Between Zoe's germs, exhaustion and all those sick people in the very cold (freezing) ER, I've got it bad - and that is no good when you still need to take care of your little one. I know, you've heard this all before and I sympathize... but I need to vent.

When I walked into the kitchen this morning to warm up a bottle for Zoe, one of the dog children had left me a big ol' "present". I cleaned that up and went into Zoe's room to discover an even worse "present" that the doc said to expect from the antibiotics. Add to that me having what I think is pink eye/conjunctivitis and the worst cramps I've had in a really long time coupled with nausea, sore throat and head and ear aches and you have one miserable mama.

So I called my mom and dad and cried like a little baby until they calmed me down. Right now I am counting down for when Daniel comes home, trying to not focus on how bad I feel and entertaining the little one with funny faces and voices whenever I can muster the strength to do so.

So, yeah. No Weight Watchers update, but I will show you this forward my dad sent me after our phone call this morning (just read it, I did*):

LEMONS and SUGAR

This should probably be taped to your bathroom mirror
where one could read it every day.
You may not realize it, but it's 100% true.

1. There are at least two people in this world that you would die for.
2. At least 15 people in this world love you in some way.
3. The only reason anyone would ever hate you is because they want to be just like you.
4. A smile from you can bring happiness to anyone, even if they don't like you.
5. Every night, SOMEONE thinks about you before they go to sleep.
6. You mean the world to someone.
7. You are special and unique.
8. Someone that you don't even know exists loves you.
9. When you make the biggest mistake ever, something good comes from it.
10. When you think the world has turned its back on you take another look.
11. Always remember the compliments you received. Forget about the rude remarks.

So.........
If you are a loving friend, send this to everyone, including the one that sent it to you. If you get it back, then they really do love you.

And always remember....
When life hands you Lemons, ask for Sugar and call me over!

Good friends are like stars.
You don't always see them,
But you know they are always there.

"Whenever God Closes One Door He Always Opens Another, Even Though Sometimes It's Hell in the Hallway"

I would rather have one rose and a kind word from a friend while I'm here than a whole truckload when I'm gone.

Forward to all your friends. And don't tell me you're too busy for this. Don't you know the phrase "stop and smell the flowers"?
See how many "bouquets" you end up with.

Happiness keeps You Sweet,
Trials keep You Strong,
Sorrows keep You Human,
Life keeps You Humble,
Success keeps You Glowing,
But Only God keeps You Going

* Normally, I hate forwards. I'm one of the most positive people I know, but send me a sappy forward and I'll probably delete it after the first few sentences if I even get past the subject line. It doesn't mean I don't love you or like you, it just means I'd rather read words that you've actually written instead of some forward with pictures of other peoples baby's, puppies, cats, whatever. Also, I'm very proud to be a woman and know that I make a pretty darn good friend, but those forwards about "sisterhood" and being a woman usually make me want to gag. That said, I read every single word of this forward and sniffled and maybe even cried some more because at that moment I needed it and also, I'm extremely emotional right now. Oh, and also - getting an email like this from your dad? Pretty sweet, in my opinion.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let Them Be

Sick

A Story...