Best Soup Evah!

Ingredients:
1.5 lbs Sirloin steak
2 Medium potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
2 Cups frozen cut green beans (I omitted because Daniel is not a fan.)
1 Small onion sliced and separated into rings
1 16 oz. jar thick and chunky salsa*
1 14 oz. can beef broth
1 Tspn. dried basil
2 cloves garlic, minced
Shredded Monterey Jack or Mexican blend cheese

I also added a dash of some cooking wine and a few shakes of some garlic salt... and about 8 oz. of another salsa I love that has fire roasted chilies in it. I'm going to keep the name under wraps and call it my "secret ingredient".

Prep:
Cut meat into 1-inch pieces.
In a slow cooker place potatoes, green beans, and onion. Add meat.
In a medium bowl stir together salsa, beef broth, basil, and garlic. Pour mixture over items in cooker.

Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours (or on high for 4-5 hours). Sprinkle each serving with cheese.

Southwest Steak & Potato Soup

This has got to be the best damn soup I have ever had and the fact that I made it makes it even more awesome. OK, that sounds a bit conceited but I think you know what I mean. I'm sure this will be just a scrumptious if you make it. It is thick and flavorful and mmmmm. I'll be making this again - in fact, I think it's going to be a winter staple from now on. Without the added cheese, each serving is only 4 points with Weight Watchers. Do you know what that means? That means that I had seconds with my husband and that our leftovers are not as plentiful as we imagined. But that's OK. By far, this is one of my most successful meals I've made in a while. Yum!

* I'm pretty sure that this recipes rocked our socks because of the salsa I chose to add:

Good Stuff

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let Them Be

Sick

A Story...