Bah Humbug

Rant: I'm still sick. And that sucks. Zoe has been at Cheryl's all week so I can try to get better. I've missed a full weeks of rehearsal, for which I feel very guilty about. I'm thinking this is the last time I will do a show because my immune system sucks ass and it's just not fair for me to even try anymore. Goodbye, passion for acting. I feel miserable and am lacking in the holiday spirit. And I look like crap: grey hair, roots, etc. I had to cancel a hair appointment because I was too sick to drive myself and in no condition to sit at a salon for two hours. And really, if I can't go to rehearsal - I can't get my hair done. I called and made a doctor's appointment, and realized later that I didn't know where my car keys were. So I tore the living room apart looking for them. And I called Daniel but he was busy at work in meetings. And I called Cheryl but she didn't answer her phone because she accidentally dropped it in the toilet this morning. So I called my friend who is directing me in Imaginary Friends to see if she could take me (since she's pretty anxious for me to get over this sickness and come to rehearsal) but she had work and couldn't. So I called another friend that didn't answer their phone and I was too exhausted (and had almost no voice) to leave a message. SO, I called Missy and burst into tears with her on the phone because I felt so miserable and sort of bad asking my friend who lives on the other side of town and has two youngsters out of school (Mazzy is 3, Remy is almost 1) and another who needed to be picked up from his bus stop. But she was so sweet and told me she'd be right over, that the kids were already ready to go. She's my lifesaver for the day. So then Cheryl called and asked if I was OK because I sounded so bad on her voicemail - and I lost it again because I hate being sick and I feel guilty that she has Zoe instead of me. I miss my little girl! That said, I am SO grateful to have Cheryl in our lives because it has been such a relief to not have to entertain Zoe all day when I feel like the walking dead. Anyway, turns out my car keys were still in the diaper bag that Daniel took to Cheryl's. Not a good place for them! So then Missy showed up with her adorable kiddos and she drove me to the doc for my appointment.

Deep breath.

Turns out, I have bronchitis (that started out as a viral infection)... I also have gastroenteritis which basically means my stomach is going through hell (I've lost ten pounds). Those Christmas cookies? Not happening anytime soon. Oh, and they're a little worried this could all to turn into pneumonia if I don't take it easy and take some antibiotics. So, yay. Ho, ho, ho, and all that.

Right now, I'm feeling pretty negative which isn't really like me. I'm brooding and dwelling and feeling sorry for myself because today was a terribly rotten day. But I see a light at the end of the tunnel. Daniel is bringing home some food for me to attempt to digest. Zoe will be home soon and you can't help but feel better when she looks at you. Seriously:

"Santa does what?"
"Santa does what?!"

Also, my parents arrive Saturday and Daniel's on Monday. I am very excited to have this house filled with the people we love so we can celebrate Zoe's first Christmas together and enjoy our lovely new home. See? I'm not all negative today.

Not sure when I'll be posting again, so Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all of you.

Zoe laughing at her mama:

Best laugh I have ever heard, ever

Cheers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sick

Let Them Be

A Story...