The Book

We've been slowly starting to introduce various foods to Zoe. We started off with some organic canned stuff but really, the idea of my baby going from breast milk, to formula and breast milk, to stuff in a jar with a shelf life of two years sort of grossed me out. I know there are good foods out there, and Zoe doesn't seem to have any issue with eating these foods. If you offer my kid food, she'll take it and quite possibly bite your index finger off with it. Our little monkey likes the food and is not what I would call a picky eater. BUT! I like the idea of her trying new tasty food that her dad and I make for her. I like the idea of fresh ingredients. I'm liking the color of fresh fruits and veggies versus the canned stuff. So we bought a book. And then we bought a steamer. And we're going to make our baby fresh food. Daniel's mom did it for him. Lots of mom's out there do it. I'm excited to do it for Zoe. According to the cookbook, we may even decide we want to join our little one which sounds intriguing because canned pears? Yuck.

For Shannon and Victoria: I love the book we found. I need my cookbooks to have bright, pretty pictures for me to be inspired and this one delivers them and some good information as well. Also, it was one of the more moderately priced books I looked at. Let me know what you guys think. And for those of you who have been doing this longer than me or have other cookbook suggestions, I'd love to hear your input!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let Them Be

Sick

A Story...