In sickness

First off, thank you for the proposal-versary wishes! I've never heard that term before and I'm liking it.

Daniel and I had the makings for a wonderful night. We picked up some Chipotle (my favorite fast food) and brought it home. We watched Terry Prachett's: The Hogfather on DVD while we ate and cuddled on the couch. The living room was illuminated by the television and the Christmas lights on our tree so it was nice and comfy and romantic. When we got chilly, Daniel grabbed a big blanket and the cuddlefest continued until we took a brief intermission to run to the store to buy cinnamon rolls to heat up and eat with coffee (for him) and chai (for me). It was all lovely and I was glad to be cozy in our home instead of sitting at Mama Tosca's spending a lot of money on a meal.

And then my stomach started burning... and cramping; I was feeling jabbing pain and nausea. I don't know if it was food poisoning or the 12 hour stomach flu, or what but it sucked. The pain was worse than any of the contractions I had (when they induced labor) and the round ligament pain combined. I moaned and I cried and I milked that "in sickness" part of our vows something fierce. Needless to say, our romantic evening turned into a hellish night and early morning. Daniel was with me every step though and I've got to say that helped knowing he was there to depend on like he always is. I don't think we'll ever forget this proposal-versary.

Honey, can I get a do-over?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let Them Be

Sick

A Story...