SIXTEEN

Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 16 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 16 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.

I did this because I was tagged by some friends on Facebook and decided I might as well post it here too. I'm not tagging anyone here, but if you want to share I would love to read your answers.

Here's mine:

1. I have a blog, as well as Twitter, Flickr, Facebook, and Myspace accounts so I sort of feel like coming up with 16 things seems silly because I feel like I've shared so much already.

2. I'm such a sap that sometimes I hide behind my sarcasm/humor/complaining to cover up how nervous, worried or scared I am. I worry that this coping mechanism sometimes makes me sound like I don't love being a mother or that I'm not enjoying my pregnancy. I do and I am - honestly.

3. Becoming a mom is one of the best things I've ever done. We'll see how things go, but I could imagine us having one or two more after Finn. I might be making up for growing up as an only child (I have two half brothers who I barely lived with as a kid) but the idea of having a larger family is appealing. We'll see what happens.

4. I'm a better writer than a speaker unless you're someone I know so well that I'm able to let my guard down and still be articulate. I get tongue tied in person and so I tend to enjoy emails better than a phone conversation - or even talking in person.

5. I behave like a hormonal teenager sometimes. If possible, I can find the sexual innuendo in nearly everything and I always feel the need to be inappropriate and share it with Daniel to make him laugh. I think it might be one of the things he loves about me. :)

6. Daniel's and my sense of humor is often not appreciated by anyone other than us. We're convinced that this is just one of the many reasons we're together... we just "get" one another. He's the funniest guy I know. :)

7. I have an obsession with buying cookbooks and cooking magazines because I imagine how great it would be to cook everything in them, but I rarely recreate the recipes I drool over. I keep telling myself that once the kids are older and I have more time I'll cook more.

8. I am an obsessive list maker. I type them up in Google Documents and highlight what I complete as I do it. It makes me happier than it should.

9. If we're expecting guests for dinner, to visit (or say we're about to have a child) - the first thing I go to clean is our bedroom closet. Daniel thinks this is crazy because who is going to look in our closet?! But I don't care... that's where the cleaning always begins. I love my closet. I should post a picture.... but I haven't completely organized it yet.

10. Typing up this list is making me think I sound neurotic. I'm not, truly.... but our Boston Terrier (Bailey) is. Bailey is a freak - I am not. :)

11. When our kids are grown and in college I really want to buy a motor home (something like THIS) so Daniel and I can live in it and drive around the country focusing on each other, our writing and photography. I also want to spend at least a year abroad exploring the world and learning about other cultures. I fantasize about all the adventures we'll have in our old age.

12. My other big dream is to have a photography business. I'd love to shoot weddings, children's parties, events and theatre productions. I prefer documentary style photography and feel good when I'm connected to my camera.

13. I'm not a healthy person and sometimes I feel like a burden or a downer to the people in my life. Every time I get sick, I struggle with how I'm affecting Daniel and Zoe and our support system of people who help us so much. Sometimes I feel like I'm too much trouble and everyone has to put up with me and that I have no right wanting all these kids and having all these big plans because I can't do it on my own. Then I remember I don't have to do any of it on my own and I'm grateful.

14. I love the Muppets - especially Kermit and Miss Piggy... and Animal. And Gonzo. And ALL THE REST. They make me happy and remind me of my childhood.

15. I used to sell mattresses. It was one of the worst jobs I have ever had and I do not miss it one bit. The people I worked for were bad people and the customers were creepy. I can't even count how many men (and sometimes their wives too) asked me to test the beds out with them. It was gross.

16. I cannot look at clouds, fabric or even a blank or color washed wall without seeing faces and designs in them. Detailed things like animals, faces, fairies, dragons, etc. My eyes just see these images without working to create them. Is that weird?

FYI - Suddenly feeling like a strange one.

Also - Go on, distract me from my list making/things I need to get done. ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sick

Let Them Be

A Story...