Zoe Says:

This morning I went into Zoe’s room to get her out of bed and get her ready for her day. As she lay stretched across her changing table she pointed at my t-shirt:

“What’s that?!”
“It’s a lion.”
“Rion?!”
“Yes! It’s a lion! Roar!”
“Rion!”
“Lion! Yes! Roar!”
“Rawr!”
“Roar!”


At different points today we have repeated this conversation about the lion on my t-shirt. Each time, Zoe seems to be filled with as much pride as I am. She’s learning so much everyday.

Here’s a list of the words that come out of our little chatterbox daily:

No.
Yes.
Please.
Thank you.
Daddy.
Mama.
Baby.
Bailey.
Max.
Chuck.
Ellie.
Nana/banana
Juice.
Cookie.
Bite.
Yummy.
Mmmm.
More.
Up.
Down.
Boom Boom.
Uh-oh.
Hi.
Bye.
Belly.
Bellybutton.
Nose.
Eye.
Head.
Hat.
Shoes.
Sock.
Dog.
Cat.
Fish.
Duck.
Quack.
Tweet.
What’s that?
Nigh-Nigh.
Ball.
Mine.
Bath.
I love Zoe!


As you can see, she’s got quite the vocabulary for an almost 17 month old. I also love that she’s starting to piece some words together. She’s also quite the little mimic, so there are plenty of things that she’ll just blurt out right after hearing. Some words stick, others not yet. Like the other day we were watching Degrassi Jr. High and after hearing a character call his daughter a slut, Zoe shouted out, “Sut!” Errr. Uh–oh. Looks like no more Degrassi! I glanced at her and then looked away without reacting to her outburst hoping I would never hear that word again and so far we seem to be in the clear. If we praise her for saying a word or react by laughing, it’s almost guaranteed that she’ll add the word of phrase to her repertoire.

And while I’m sharing her expansive vocabulary – see how proud I am? – She’s doing great at association. When she sees a monkey in any form she makes monkey noises. So it turns out, she really IS my little monkey. Cutest thing ever!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sick

Let Them Be

A Story...