Little Pleasures

I've been out of touch lately. It's true. Since the holiday, I've been taking it easy. Daniel and I have been enjoying our time away from rehearsals for a show and really enjoying this part of the pregnancy and each other. We've even gotten to socialize with our friends, which has been nice. We love theatre, but there are so many other things we'd like to be able to do as well. I thought I'd try to bring you all up to speed on a few things and tell you about some things that have been occupying our last couple weeks.

Daniel and I went to the mall two days after Thanksgiving to have our iMacs* looked at. Mine was especially wonky and was highlighting things I'd typed if I touched anything other than the keyboard and then would erase my words. It was doing this paragraphs at a time and driving me nuts. Blogging had been a chore with this impairment. Turned out the wait time to have a "Genius" look at our laptops was just over two hours, so Daniel and I walked around for almost that entire time. We browsed. We sat on benches. We wasted time. We did not buy a single thing. It felt a little strange to be at the mall on one of the busiest weekends of the year for retail and not be shopping like everyone else. We weren't in the mood....and we're on what I like to call: The Pregnancy/Baby Budget. Friends and family will be getting smaller gifts this year.

After our two hour wait was up, a very nice "Genius" said my problem was my battery. Apple was replacing all batteries that had a certain set of id numbers on it, and mine was part of that deal. The fact that my battery was expanding also helped. Because Daniel's battery was made at the same time, he got a new one as well. We got two new batteries valued at $125 each for free. Yay us. Free stuff is nice when you're expecting a baby. Hell. Who am I kidding? Free stuff is almost always nice.

When we got back to my parents house from the mall, I spent the rest of the evening unpacking all of my parents Christmas decorations. Daniel built the tree and started decorating it. We got the house looking festive, and I was ready to pass out from exhaustion. We decided that we'd be doing a small tree at our house this year and doing minimal decorating. Minimal decorating is sort f easy to do since we don't have a lot of Christmas stuff yet. We have about 20 ornaments and a few things for around the house. No where near the plethora (see, there's my favorite word again!) of decorations that our two sets of parents have.

Anywho. Our visit with my parents was very nice, but we were glad to be home and have some time just us.
  • We've had some nice evenings at home watching movies.
  • We've been doing a lot of reading.
  • We had our first appointment with our new OB/GYN and both think he is very nice. He's got a great personality and we both feel really good about him as our doctor. He's probably my dad's age (but looks a lot older) and has a fun personality. I almost had a heart attack when he was looking for the baby's heartbeat with the Doppler and upon hearing it said, "Well, there's one." Turns out, this is his joke he does with just about everyone and we really do just have one in there. Not that we wouldn't have loved twins too, but Phew!
  • Daniel sings to the baby. Whether it's a song from one of the Muppet movies, a made up song about having to change Zocon's diapers, or just some strange impromtu beat box/sound effects medley - he cups his hands around his mouth on top of my belly and entertains me and Zocon. Technically Zocon won't be able to hear us for another few weeks, but seeing this side of Daniel is one of my favorite things about being pregnant.
  • We're just over 15 weeks along and easing into the second trimester very nicely. I've definitely got more than a bump happening and I love it. About a week ago I looked down at my bare tummy while I was laying in bed and saw it jumping up and down in quick movements. It was like Zocon was trying to send me morse code, or maybe doing the Cha Cha (not too surprising since I was doing the Cha Cha almost everyday of my first 6 weeks during 'The Full Monty'). It was awesome.
  • A couple nights ago, I woke up quickly after feeling a quick poke in the belly and then I felt it again stronger. Our doc says Zocon's a mover, and I'm feeling it first hand. I'm looking forward to Daniel being able to feel it too.
  • We're slowly making headway with the office becoming the nursery. Daniel and I went out and got shelving for the guest room closet and cleared a lot of office stuff away. Our file cabinet has been moved and the office closet is almost completely empty. I dropped off tons of clothing at Goodwill today and gave a few costume worthy pieces to The Spotlight. It feels good to see progress.
  • I've been busy planning our little Christmas break. We don't have the money to go to San Antonio this year like we had wanted, but we'll be going to San Diego and staying at my parents house while they are in Coronado. I plan on cooking a lot at their house and just taking it easy...maybe a couple trips downtown and definitely some time at Balboa Park and the museums.
  • We put up our little tree last night and have decided it's our 'Charlie Brown' tree. We think it's cute. I'll take a picture of it tonight and post it tomorrow.
Speaking of posting, I'll be posting more - I promise. Maybe not everyday of the week, but at least a few times a week. I hope you all are doing well and enjoying the season.

Cheers!

* My wonderful (smarty pants) husband just informed that they're not really iMacs, but Macbook Pros. I was cutting corners in their descriptions and wanted to spare myself the typing of a few extra letters, but he called me on it. Thanks, honey. Whatevs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sick

Let Them Be

A Story...