Cake or Death?*

Today is the day I've been half dreading for a few years. 30. Thirty years old. The more I say it, the more accepting of it I am. And really, I don't get what made me so anxious about turning thirty. So far it's not so bad. Grey hair did not suddenly sprout from my head. I still feel young. I still get carded! I still get carded! Sorry, I felt the need to say that twice, it's fun to say.

So, I kiss my twenties goodbye. It was quite a decade. Marriage. Life of retail management. Home ownership. Divorce. Travel. Relocating to Bakersfield. Tons of mistakes and learning experiences. Bankruptcy. Theatre. Falling in love with Daniel. Getting diagnosed with RSD. Lots of doctor appointments/medical procedures. Marriage. Losing Nana. Trying to extend our family. Photography. Getting paid for my photography. There were some really tough times in there, but looking back: the good outweighs the bad. The wonderful memories are more vivid than the crappy ones. I'm proud of who I've become in the past thirty years and I'm looking forward to everything this next decade has to offer.

A friend told me the other day that 30 was the new 20. Maybe. I know I feel more confident and excited for the future now then I did ten years ago. I also feel a little bit wiser and a lot more grateful for everything I have and the people in my life. So. Yeah. I'm not dreading being thirty anymore...not even a little bit. Cheers!

*Cake, please. Oh, and how about that new banner and colors?! Thank you, Ali! I love it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let Them Be

Sick

A Story...