I Said It....

(in the nicest way possible while in pain and trying to breathe) to Daniel as we drove home this evening while I was having a Braxton Hicks contraction:

"While your talking to me can be somewhat relaxing, your musical scat* is not."


By the way, these Braxton Hicks things are pretty crappy. Daily, concentrated pain with no promise of getting to have Zoe any time soon sort of sucks. This is my body "preparing", (the doc says) but it's been "preparing" this way for almost 3 weeks now! Other signs that it's almost time are presenting themselves daily, but I'm hoping we'll be able to hold out a bit longer. I definitely am excited to meet her, but I'd love to have our friend Mel (who now lives in Houston) take some pics of me and Daniel this weekend to show that we were actually together during the pregnancy (he's always taking photos of me and vice versa but we have only a couple of us together). Also, there's rumor that a baby shower is in the works for the first weekend in May… here’s hoping Zoe will hold out for at least two more weeks.

Oh, at our last ultrasound (last Friday) we were told Zoe weighs about 6 lbs 9 oz. We're told this is a great size (and it's only an estimate) but I'm just a little nervous about how much bigger she can get in the next 4 weeks. At this stage, they typically gain 1/2 a pound a week - that would put her at almost 9 pounds. Oh, baby!

* His rendition of 'All Night Long', which is just not what I want to hear while having a contraction (scat or otherwise).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let Them Be

Sick

A Story...