Another Observation

A friend commented that every pregnancy is different. And she's right. There are parts of this pregnancy (or at least my first trimester) that are easier because I know what to expect and there are other parts that are harder because... they just are.

What I'm not sure I made clear is that I really do love being pregnant. But you can love something and acknowledge that it's not always the easiest thing in the world.

What I love most about being pregnant is bringing a child into this world. My life was good before I was Zoe's mom, but the quality of my enjoyment and appreciation for life has increased exponentially with every day I spend with my daughter. It's not always easy (my pregnancy/being a mom), but I knew after a week with Zoe (actually, before she was even born) that I wanted to do this all over again at least once (maybe even two or three more times).

There is no pregnancy symptom or effect that can take that away from me. In fact, the thing that gets me through a particularly bad day or the idea of taking my blood five plus times a day and giving myself insulin shots in my belly before I go to sleep is that I wanted this more than anything in the world and fate or God or life saw fit to give it to me. Every rough day makes me more appreciative of those blissful moments where I feel fabulous or when Zoe does something amazing like stand up and walk so fast she's almost running to whatever has caught her eye. I'm living the life I always wanted. I have no regrets and I never for a moment have not been grateful for the life I have now.

So, don't get me wrong. I adore being pregnant - but I wouldn't be me and I wouldn't be honest if I didn't talk about the hard stuff too. I think shedding a light on the difficult things in life (and then saying that I'd do it all again in another couple years regardless of the obstacles) can be just as inspiring as only talking about the joys life brings.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sick

Let Them Be

A Story...