Not Yet....

If it were possible for me to file an official request with Zoe for when labor should begin, I would request tomorrow at 4:05pm. I know, it’s a long shot, but I’m ready. Seriously ready - for this little one to make her entrance – or exit…. Whatever you want to call it.

Her room is officially ready:

Zoe's room is done and ready!


(If you click on the individual pics that I used to make the collage you'll see which bloggers provided their photography, who sent the lovely blanket and who made that cool sock monkey. You'll also find other notes and bits of info.)

Today is the first day of my 38th week. The baby shower is tomorrow from 1-4pm. I’ve held out this long and frankly I’d like to get the show on the road. If her recent frequent movements are any inclination, I’d say she is too. I think she was either playing the drums or doing the Cha Cha for a good hour or so today while I tried to nap. FYI – It’s hard to nap when your belly is moving this way and that.

A friend asked me today how much more dilated I am than on Monday. I told her they didn’t provide a take home test for me to give myself, so I don’t know. Too bad – I’m curious too. I guess the answer right now is – not enough. I hope that will change soon, or that by our next appointment (this Monday) the doc will tell me we’re ready to go.

In the meantime, our car is officially ready to go. Daniel and I took the car to get washed and vacuumed out today. The car seat base has been installed. Before we head out to the shower tomorrow, we’ll put the car seat in place and load up the bag for the hospital (complete with clothing, mixed CD, a couple DVD’s, snacks for Daniel, etc.). I even have her diaper bag ready to go with blankets and an outfit for her to wear home. I figure we need to be prepared and maybe, just maybe Zoe will decide to give in to my request.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let Them Be

Sick

A Story...