Eviction Notice?

Hey everybody. Sorry the blogging has been lacking, I've been unmotivated lately.

Everything is going well though. I'm exhausted (wonder why) and feel ready for Zoe to be out. I'm less tempted to be running around doing stuff and have preferred to stay close to home and with the husband. I crave chocolate a lot, Mexican food less and need smaller meals because it just feels like there is no place to go. I feel like I'm just a big belly with legs and from people's recent reactions to me: "Oh, my! You're huge! When are you going to have it?!" - I think I'm right. Sometimes I'm tempted to lie and say I'm only 4 months pregnant. Sometimes I want to make a face at them and make them run away crying. Sometimes it is SO tempting to tell them I'm currently in labor, but I needed a snack. One of these days, I might just do one of those things and maybe they'll think twice before coming up to a complete stranger and commenting on their size.

Saturday night I had a hankering for Red Robin, so we went. During our meal, I started having contractions and a pretty consistent rate. They would last about 30 seconds in 2-minute intervals. Daniel got super excited. He had his watch out and he was grinning ear-to-ear, ready to move into action at my word. I started to feel the pain lessen and told him not to get excited. I didn't think it was time yet - I was right. It was nice to see my husband geared up and ready to take me to the hospital instead of sheet white and ready to pass out. I think he is going to be great through all of this.

We had our doc appointment and "Non-Stress Test" (sort of stressful, I think) a few hours ago. Everything is moving along. Heartbeat sounds great. Lots of movements even if she is stubborn and makes us wait until she's ready.

The big news of the day is: Our doc says I am 1.5 cm dilated and 50% effaced.

Doc says we're looking at about a week or so more. She hasn't dropped yet but she is head down, so that is wonderful news for both me and baby. It also means I should be able to attend the shower our friends have planned for us this Saturday. I'm not counting on it though because Zoe tends to do things on her schedule.

Anywho. The doc isn't saying no to induction, but he also isn't committing to it - it's obviously better for her to come on her own. He isn't at all concerned about the ultrasound tech saying she weighed 6 pounds 9 ounces because he says those are hit or miss. The older the baby is, the harder to get an accurate reading. Shadows are involved and what not - and usually there is at least a +/- 2-pound margin for error. Besides, it's much better for me not to imagine birthing a nine-pound baby. Getting myself all worked up about it isn't going to change anything.

So... it's a waiting game. We have another appointment on next Monday and I'll try to keep you posted. In the mean time, Daniel will continue to track my contractions and look at me eagerly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let Them Be

Sick

A Story...