What Zoe Is Thankful For

Instead of reading a bedtime story last night with Zoe, I sat with her in her bed with a pen and notebook and asked her what she was thankful for.

* Note: Everyone in Zoe's life is very special, but I think it really says something if you were listed individually because it's really hard for a three year old to not want to list every single toy instead of actual people. I know... because I had to suggest after baby dolls that maybe we think of some other things.

The following is the list (with some extra commentary) as she told me:

"I'm thankful for....

Mommy.
Snow White.
Daddy.
Kitty cats.
Cameras.
My baby dolls. And I'm thankful for my panda., and...
"Let's not just list toys, OK?"
Alright.
I'm thankful for water.
And Max and Bailey
Butterflies.
And Grammy.
Aunt Sadie.
My Grandpa.
Nana & Baba.
Daddy's friend, Sam... he's nice.
(She just met him yesterday)
Cheryl and Chuck-Chuck.
Ellie. Eleanor.
MaryEllen.
Chelsea.
NIki.
Noe...write down Noe, Mama.
(She hasn't seen Noe in like, a year - but she talks about her constantly.)
Molly.
Meg & Adam.
(She calls Meg her "Big Sister".)
Tinkerbell... who came to our home. (Our friend, Natily)
Disneyland.
All princesses, really.
For being on stage. The big, big stage.
My cousin, Kristina.
(She's decided Kristina is her cousin.)
Aunt Alison.
Aunt Ashley and Uncle Justin.
My baby, Oliver.
(HER baby. How cute is that?)
I'm thankful for playgrounds.
My school.
My school friends.
Our house.
Peaches and pears. Daddy doesn't like pears.
"Your daddy likes pears!" Well, I like pears.
I'm thankful for pear juice.
And food.
Like... strawberries.
Strawberry Kiwi juice - because I like to drink it every single day and right now, please.
"Not now."
OK.
Finnegan.
For my nice, nice mommy.
(I think she was thinking of asking me for juice again.)
Sunshine.
Flowers.
All my dresses and costumes.
Music.
I'm thankful because I like dancing.
All the single ladies, all the single ladies. Put your hands up!
I'm thankful for singing.
And China.
And Japan.
And what country are we in again?
"The United States."
I'm thankful for the United States.
For.... stars.
And books.
My crayons.
And Molly.
(She really misses Molly hence listing her twice.)
I'm thankful for dance class.
And Miss Jennifer.
And Miss Viv.
Miss Kim because she has a sweet little baby, did you know that?
"Yes. He is sweet. She's nice too, huh?"
Yes. I'm thankful for Miss Kimmmm and Miss Linda....
And I'm thankful when I'm playing games with Jack...
"LOL! Yes. Jack is fun, isn't he?"
Yes.
I'm thankful for my nice warm bed.
And glitter...
For my hatsie hatsie hats.
I'm thankful for my books.
And for bubble baths.
I'm thankful for shopping.


What about you, my mommy? What are you thankful for?
"How about we talk about that tomorrow night?"
OK. Good night, my mommy. I love you. I like making lists."
"Me too, baby. I love you."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let Them Be

Sick

A Story...